ABET Symposium 2018
Call for Speakers
The Symposium is our premier event for accreditation, assessment and the global exchange of best practices in STEM education. Build your network. Learn new strategies. Share ideas with like-minded individuals from all over the world. The 2018 ABET Symposium brings together passionate faculty and administrators from San Diego to Sharjah and Santiago to discuss all things ABET.
The 2018 ABET Symposium Tracks
- Assessment: Highlight best practices in program assessment by sharing your framework and the lessons learned along the way.
- Accreditation: Share your unique experience incorporating the ABET accreditation processes and procedures into your program. Include productive tips and narrate your view of the key success factors and expected setbacks.
- Sustainability: How are you preparing your students to create solutions to combat climate change, ensure inclusive and quality education and reduce inequality? Highlight any projects that relate to the NAE Grand Challenges and/or the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Diversity & Inclusion: There is compelling evidence that diversity & inclusion unlock innovation and enable creative competitive advantage. How are you encouraging your students to work in teams that are diverse in perspective, experience and thinking?
- Stimulate and provoke discussion and audience engagement
- Share compelling case studies in accreditation, assessment, diversity & inclusion and sustainability
- Inspire a broad spectrum of stakeholders and bring a wide array of perspectives and experiences
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and development of new competencies
- Provide diverse approaches for different types of learners
- Use methods that draw out relevant past knowledge and experiences
- Motivate learners with goal or outcomes focused design
- Showcase innovative approaches to STEM education
- Title – 10 words or less
- Description – 1000 characters or less focusing on takeaways
- Learning Objective – 100 characters or less emphasizing the skill that will be acquired
- Session Design – 500 characters or less describe the format and flow of your session
- Biography – 750 characters or less
- Length of Session – 1 hour
- Call for speakers ends November 15th, 2017 at 11:59pm EST
- Session speakers will be notified in December 2017
** Speakers will be required to register for Symposium at a special speaker rate and will be responsible for their own travel expenses (hotel is $289 per night, plus applicable taxes).